Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy February, Internet. Speaking of, can anyone believe it's actually February? It seems like just a month and a week ago it was Christmas...I kid, I kid. Seriously, though, it does seem like I moved to college a few weeks ago, when it's really been SIX MONTHS, which is TWENTY-FIVE(ish) WEEKS, and that means ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY FIVE DAYS. If I was better at math, I'd break that down further for you, but basically, that's a good amount of time when we're talking time that you've spent waking yourself up for class and doing your own laundry and not having the means to cook anything, save Ramen noodles, which got old by day 27. Holy mother of pearl and cracker sandwich. All this to say, Happy February. I hope the first month of 2010 treated you better than nicely.

Perhaps because it's that time of the month (tmi? Drats. I'm sorry, but it's necessary information), or perhaps because the new of everything is wearing off, or perhaps because this semester is hurtling toward me four weeks strong, with five weeks until that beautiful creation known as Spring Break, or maybe because I'm just me, but I've been missing my family. Not home, per see, or Prattville, most definitely, just my family. As a matter of fact, I haven't seen them in 2010 yet. How's that for crazy? But it isn't this overwhelming homesickness; I'm not crying or heartbroken. It's just in the back of my mind. But, even so, I'm heading home tomorrow for a 36-hour visit.

All that to say that today, the last day in this long stretch of familylessness, has been sort of blah. Yesterday left me emotionally exhausted, I'll tell you that, and so I spent the night in my best friend's room. And this morning, when I woke up, I was certain that I was experiencing the worst cramps anyone ever has, in the history of womanhood. I looked outside and saw that, joy to the world, it was raining goldfish and hamsters outside. Oy vey. And all my emotions came crashing down and I said, "No, thank you, life. I will not be partaking today." And so, quite rashly, I picked up my computer (how handy that I had left him right beside the bed for a situation such as this one) and typed out a short, frank, I'm-still-asleep email to my prof that went along the lines of Thought you'd see my beautiful face today? Wrong! False! The answer is not A, suckaaaa! But have a good day, and do enough creative writing for the both of us, alright? And so I went back to sleep, and when I woke up, I Facebooked, and then I came downstairs with all of these intentions and what I did was watch TLC for three hours because I can and I like it. But, honestly, I don't want today to be totally useless.

So here's my Productivity Plan for Thursday:

  • clean. clean the kitchen, the bathroom, my room, the living room. This includes dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and changing my sheets.
  • create a bucket list. but call it something besides a bucket list, and incorporate a ffew cleverly motivating quotes.
  • get dressed.
  • brush my teeth.
  • do math homework.
  • do journalism homework.
  • be a nice friend.
  • give God the glory.
Alright, I believe in me, and I know you do, too! Hey, go create your own Thursday List of Productivity! And make good decisions, Internet! Stay hydrated!

Watch me go brush my teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment