Friday, July 2, 2010

The eighth week.

It's July! And it has been for a whole two days. Crazy, huh? I am sort of in awe of how fast it is going, although Lori has advised me to stop wishing days away. I'm trying to soak up every day for what it has to offer, but it is getting awfully exciting to see my own apartment and starting school back again looming on the horizon. But it's still quite a few days away (like, oh, I don't know, 29 or something. I'm not counting if that's what you're thinking...) and so I'm pretty stoked for all that July holds: a family vacation, a trip to the beach, and lots of getting things done before August. This week has been sort of run-of-the-mill, but that's certainly alright with me. In addition to all of the craftiness of the stepping stones, we tie-dyed t-shirts, too! Sadly, it wasn't our most crafty endeavor, but Carson was really, really happy about them anyway, and that's all that matters.

And that's sort of it. We watched a bunch of movies and read some books and it was pretty sweet. Just kind of mellow, which was nice. Thursday morning, I woke up at 6:45 (!) and worked out (!) and then after I was certain I might have left part of me on the treadmill, I showered and ate some oatmeal and drove home. It was quite a tiring morning, and so once I got home, I may or may not have slept for a good two hours on the couch, but it was so,so lovely, because then I woke up and had a snack.

After dinner and all of that, Lori and I went upstairs to watch Remember Me. Being the Edward-lovers that we are (sue us, okay?), we were certain that is was going to be great. And it was, all until the last 5 minutes. I won't tell you the ending because that's just mean, but let's just say that my happy little world was upset. However, we got another fix when we went to see Eclipse today. We spend a lot of our bonding time watching cheesy girl movies, but we love it.

So see, it's been a pretty chill week. Not even any pictures, except for what you've already seen. I think I'll have more to report next week, because we head to Orlando on Wednesday! Hip hip hooray for roller coasters!

I'd like to thank July for being so good so far, and I hope things continue to carry on just as swimmingly.

In lieu of this-week pictures, here's a photo to celebrate exactly two months until the start of Alabama football. Roll tide, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment