Monday, January 12, 2009

it's monday again.

i've decided that i don't like the weekends unless I've got something specifically planned. Because you know what... it gets me out of routine. I feel like an old woman sometimes. I like to know what is going to happen. When I was 12, my let's-fix-her-before-she-realizes-this-is-really-gonna-damage-her-for-life therapist that my dad got me told me that I am a control freak because so much stuff has happened that has disrupted my life that I couldn't control. That was when I was TWELVE. About a gajillion more things happened after that, none as significant as the clamity of my 11th year, but still. So if she's right, then that's why.

Or I could just be weird. But weekends totally throw me off I swear. Like my 4-hour sweaty nap on Sunday? That meant I didn't get to sleep until like 1 last night. Which means today I'm gonna basically pass out at work.

You know how you always want what you don't have? For the past few months, my work has been incredibly busy. Like really. I mean, we've had slow spurts, but for the most part, I don't stop running when I get there. But now, we're at that lull. It's the time of year where not much happens in our business. We finished inventory and now we just...sit. I mean, we do do things, but nothing like before. The thing is, when it was so busy, I'd long for the days when I would just sit at the counter and talk to my coworkers. Now, though, I long for that busyness that occupied me. Because unoccupied, my mind is a dangerous thing lol. My thoughts get away from me.

And I have to go to work today. What what I'll think about...? I know what you're thinking, but probably I'll think about the new episode of the secret life. I'm pumped. I also didn't bring lunch so I gotta go and buy it.

holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment