Monday, December 1, 2008

Stress

Stress, stress, stress, I'm stressed! I guess, looking on the bright side, the good thing is that there is no major source is stress, e.g. boyfriend (refer to last post as to why that won't be a source of stress), family, nothing major. It's just everything rolled into one big, demanding schedule. I just got through with Thanksgiving Break and it was one thing after another to do. When I stop and think about it, there are things I could really be doing except this. I could leave school and go pick up my check and have it deposited. I need to write my research paper. I need to research for my research paper. I need to get my oil changed, I need to finish the opening, I need to buy Christmas presents, I need to work to have money to buy Christmas presents, I need to get my eyebrows waxed. And so on. It doesn't sound all that demanding, does it? But it is. Part of the situation is that I'm a go person. I like to have plans, I like to be on my way to do something, I like to soak up every last piece of time with my friends and family. I'm a go person. I go crazy when I'm just sitting at the house, watching tv. It's not necessarily me that's under stress, like emotional stress, it's like my body is under the physical stress of going. In the past 6 months, I've lost 20 pounds, started sleeping 5-6 hours a night instead of the usual 8-10, and for whatever reason, I now have very light, short, but painful periods (maybe that's tmi, lol), all symptoms of "You have a busy life." But I love it. I love my go, go, go life. I love the chaos of having to be here, of squeezing in the Monday paper on Sunday night (I work best under pressure apparently or I wouldn't do that to myself EVERY TIME!)

I mean, there's other stuff that's stressful. My brother and my dad and their business is one thing right now, but I won't go into that. I just came into the yearbook office and saw all this stuff around me, and I was like, "Wow. How am I gonna do it all?" I was thinking yearbook, college, paper, work, Christmas. But I can, and I will, and I'm gonna get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment